Monday, October 6, 2008

BANANAS






I have to keep this short because Luke has so graciously allowed me to use his laptop while mine sits broken, needing a new operating system. This weekend I went to Amsterdam with a group of amazing people. We roamed about the streets of the city trying to see as much as we could in a 36 hour period. We had good times and we had some bad times, but we stuck it out and made it home alive. It was an amazing trip overall. But of all the things we did, the Van Gogh Museum was the best. Not only was it amazing seeing the paintings up close and personal, but as I was about to leave, I heard my name called. I turn to the right and my friend Inslee Coddington from home was standing right there. At first I thought I was imagining her, but she was real. Studying in Sweden, she also happened to be visiting Amsterdam at the same time. We couldn't chat long because we had our respective groups, but that was definitely a highlight from my trip.

(Side note: I saw some of VP debate and I thought I was having a bad trip, but not really)

We got back a couple days ago, and since then I've been a bit spacey one could say. But today I went to the Imperial War Museum and the British Museum. It felt good doing some educational activities here after ignoring them for so long. The War Museum was really heavy and made me, Luke and Skiba a bit sad. But then as we were leaving I saw a bunch of school kids walking happily along and it made me happy again.


I miss you so much...come to London and make sense of my life.

No comments: