Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunny Weather, Sad Feelings

Today was absolutely gorgeous outside. The weather has been unbelievable this past week, nothing what I expected. Hopefully it will last for a while, but I’m really looking forward to fall. This morning, after sleeping a couple hours, I got up and met my mom for breakfast before she left to go back home. The couple of times we ate breakfast together was in Marylbone, the neighborhood her hotel was in. It was really nice sitting at the outside tables, being able to watch people pass by in such and easygoing manner. After we ate, mom came through by purchasing some staple grocery items for the flat, one of which was lots of toilet paper. We then checked out this really cool Button store that apparently has been around for a long time. It was closed, but I can always go back, unfortunately for my mom she can’t, at least for a while. Her taxi dropped me off and that was the end of my mother in England. It was really nice seeing her in this environment because it’s been a while since I’ve had a vacation like experience with family, blood speaking of course.





When I got back to my flat, my roommates were all still sleeping, obviously considering the night we had. So I cleaned a bit and consequently starting the awaking. It was a pretty lazy day to say the least, but I did make a very good purchase to watch streaming football. We caught the second half of the Manchester United vs. Chelsea game, only 8 pounds for a year, definitely worth it.
Later just around sunset Luke and I ventured out of the flat for a walk, feeling cooped up. We took the tube down to South Bank and walked up towards the Thames and onto the Embankment tube and back to our place. There was a really nice crispness to the air, almost like a true fall night. We took some photos, but we weren’t really feeling it much. I got a decent shot of the eye, but it’s the eye so not that interesting. Then we stopped to shoot outside a carnival game and I saw this couple making out. I don’t really like the photo that much, but I just wanted to post it. When Luke seems sad, it makes me sad, sometimes.

1 comment:

AJ Chavar said...

i love that shot of the eye! you're right, the kissing photo isn't that great. . . just needs a face in there somewhere.

i hope luke isnt sad anymore.