Sunday, September 28, 2008

Friday in Nature, Saturday Recovering, and A Beautiful Sunday

On Friday, Luke, Liz and I went out to Hampstead Heath and spent a wonderful afternoon among trees and open fields. But before we left, right as I was walking out of my building complex, I met a woman from Iraq. She didn't speak a word of English, so I had some slight communication problems to say the least. I talked to her for a while, even though she probably didn't understand a word I was saying to her. I couldn't tell if she was homeless, but it appeared no one was with her. I reached in my pocket to give her some money, but she refused, kissing her lips with her hand and then pointing to the sky. I was really surprised at her overall kindness toward me photographing her. It was really cool meeting someone that I couldn't speak to and coming away with that experience.
There was beautiful light and we finally broke out the frisbee and tossed around for a while. It felt really nice and made me relaxed and tranquil. We went back after the sun went down and prepared for a crazy night out in London, where I got to see two of my friends studying in Madrid. It was a great night, one to remember, at least what I didn't forget.

















Saturday was pretty bad; everyone was feeling a bit under the weather. Night came, and I was still feeling lame, but I went out anyway and met some pretty cool people in Shoreditch.
Sunday I woke up refreshed and feeling much more ready to spend the day in a productive manner. After a goodbye breakfast with some sorority sisters, me and Luke went to Russell Square and met up with our friend Jake. Dave, Taylor and Andrew came a bit later and we tossed the disc around again under cloudless skies. Then we headed over to my friend Pat's place for a relaxing afternoon of T.V., hookah, and horribly unhealthy food to eat. I really love the 7 photo series of Luke I posted, but I can think of someone who might appreciate it more than I do.


Luke Warm, a changed man.

No comments: